POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Leadership
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
Responsible for all activities associated with all equipment reliability and manufacturing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a safe, organized manufacturing area at all times.
- Oversee and enforce Columbia Container safety rules and policies.
- Maintain safety compliance with forklift daily inspections.
- Enforce the Columbia Container attendance policy.
- Interact and communicate with management and other departments as required.
- Maintain equipment as needs arise.
- Complete equipment preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Understand and enforce Columbia Container quality standards.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
If you are caught up in your work activities above, see management immediately for direction.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have working knowledge of the following:
- Mechanical and minor electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Understand quality standards
- Safe forklift operation.
- Basic computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use a hand and a finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards – the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth – while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations – through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication. Socializing and being unproductive or inefficient will not be tolerated.
Creativity – this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.